Realistic Expectations for Your SEO Strategy as an Occupational Therapy Entrepreneur
No Overnight Results from an HEP or SEO
When I was working as a hand therapist, home programs were a big part of my treatment model.
And inevitably, there were times when a client would blurt out in the first mi
nutes of the session, “That home program isn’t working.”Have you had this happen before? Maybe after only a session or two?
In the early days of being an occupational therapist, I might have been tempted to throw out the whole program or analyze all the ways I might have missed something.
But in time, my perspective expanded and I could see the bigger picture. Instead of throwing out the whole thing, I needed to become and investigator.
The real next step was to identify the reason the program wasn’t working.
My mental checklist as an OT looked something like:
- Has the client been doing the exercises long enough to see results? See, a client could be doing everything right – but it will take time to see real results.
- Is the client doing the exercises consistently to see results? If you’re not following the right schedule, the plan isn’t going to work.
- Is the client even doing the right exercises? Could be I picked the wrong exercise or the client did them wrong. Whichever the case, getting the right result is dependent on doing things correctly.
See, it’s easy to expect quick results. But to get results from a home program, a client needed a combination of consistency, time, and tweaking the technique.
Guess what! It’s the exact same thing when it comes to SEO, especially blogging.
When talking to OT’s about blogging and SEO hear that same phrase… What I’m doing isn’t working!
And I go through the same list:
- How long have you been implementing SEO strategy?
- How consistent are you with your blog posts?
- Are you writing online content with the right strategy?
Just like those home programs we give clients, put in the work and you’ll get the results.
In the same way, success with SEO grows over time.
So, take heart my impatient colleague — consistency and SEO do pay off.
SEO Specifics for Occupational Therapy Entrepreneurs
Here are some things about consistency, time, and technique to ensure your digital content gets SEO results.
- Consistency: When blogging, consider posting at least twice a month. Once a month is better than nothing — but weekly posting is the gold standard. Remember it’s like exercise, you can’t go for a run once-a-month or every-other-month and expect to get tons of progress and momentum.
- Time: It takes several months to see results, so don’t give up too early. As you build your number of posts and website traffic, older blog posts will also start to show up higher in Google and with that, your whole website will rise.
- Technique: Make sure you’re blogging correctly. Use Headings, Subheadings with some SEO keywords so that Google is able to understand your content.
Going in Depth on SEO and Blogging for Occupational Therapy Entrepreneurs
With the right know-how, SEO can be a powerful strategy to get your business found where people are looking for answers. That’s the Google Search Engine.
Blogging has a bad rap for being waste of time. I’m changing that by showing you the simplest way to blog. Starting with some SEO strategies that make sure your blog gets found online.
To learn more, check out my blogging mini-course: Biz Blog Essentials